Connellan Solicitors LLP would like to share the following tips on how to speed up your house sale. Please note that the below guide was prepared by the Law Society of Ireland.
TO SPEED UP YOUR HOUSE SALE
Contact your solicitor as soon as possible. Your solicitor will need to get your title deeds immediately in order to prepare a contract for the sale of your house and will also need to take full instructions from you on the details of the sale. There are several pieces of information and documentation that your solicitor will need and you should start getting them together now.
YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE FOLLOWING
1. Details of where your title documents are (if your title deeds are with a bank, provide the name of the bank and the account number).
2. Local Property Tax printout showing local property tax paid to current year end (www.revenue.ie).
3. Receipt or Certificate of Discharge showing that the Household Charge has been discharged (www.householdcharge.ie).
4. Certificate of Exemption or Discharge for NPPR (applied from 2009 to 2013) (www.nppr.ie).
5. Details of your water and drainage supply.
6. If you have a septic tank on the property, evidence of its registration (www.protectourwater.ie).
7. If you are or ever have been married, a copy of your state marriage or civil partnership certificate (and copy of separation agreement or divorce, if applicable).
8. BER Certificate showing the energy rating on you home.
9. Details of any building work you have done with copies of any planning permissions and architects’ certificates of compliance.
10. If your property is in a managed development, contact details for the management company/managing agents, and receipts for service charges.
11. If the property is let, copy letting agreement.
12. Details of any contents included in sale.
13. PPS Number(s) – needed for proof of identity.
14. Photographic identification such as passport(s).
15. Utility bill / bank statement (within the last 3 months) to prove your address.
If you would like to get a free no obligation quote regarding the sale or purchase of any property please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 043-3346440